Monday, March 19, 2007

New York Times publishes article questioning Hal Gore's facts

Why do I call him "Hal"? Because his voice has about as much animation as the
computer HAL in 2001: a space odyssey. I just coined that moniker, and I'm
tired enough to think it's clever.

Anyway, some scientists are asking Supercomputer Al to come back down to
earth with his statements. Al Gore stretchthe truth? Don't make me laugh.
Seriously, it hurts when I laughthat hard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/science/13gore.html?_r=1&ref=science&oref=slogin

A sweet quotation:
“I don’t want to pick on Al Gore,” Don J. Easterbrook, an emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University, told hundreds of experts at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America. “But there are a lot of inaccuracies in the statements we are seeing, and we have to temper that with real data.”

Have you ever heard a more diplomatic way of saying someone is full of crap?

No comments: